The distinct scent of marigolds keeps mosquitos at by and is also great in your vegetable garden as a companion plant. Grow marigolds in containers that you can move around to your seating area or plant near your outdoor area.
How do you use marigolds to repel mosquitoes?
Marigolds contain a natural compound used in many insect repellents. Plant some marigolds in the garden among your squash, melons, and tomatoes or near open windows and doorways where mosquitoes might be tempted to enter. Lavender. About the only insects you see around lavender are bees.
Which Marigold is best for mosquito repellent?
African or Aztec Marigold – How To Repel Pests With Marigolds. The African Marigold is perhaps the most common type of marigold there is. It’s grown around the world and known for its striking, bold-colored double blooms. It is also one of the best marigold varieties of all for keeping pests away.
What is the best plant to keep mosquitoes away?
8 Best Plants To Keep Mosquitoes Away
- Basil. The humble, beautiful basil plant is a natural mosquito beater as these flying felons can’t stand that sweet smell.
- Catnip. While it might be heaven for cats, catnip is absolute hell for mosquitoes.
- Lemon Balm.
- Lemon Thyme.
What smell mosquitoes hate?
Mosquitoes are turned off by several natural scents: cinnamon, peppermint, cedar, citronella, lemongrass, patchouli, catnip, lavender, and more. Find a favorite, and use it when you want to spend time outside.
What kills mosquitoes the best naturally?
Kill Mosquitoes With These 10 Easy Home Remedies That Actually…
- #1: Eliminate standing water.
- #2: Candles, incense and essential oils.
- #3: Pot the right plant.
- #4: Lemon and clove.
- #5: Garlic spray.
- #6: Eucalyptus oil.
- #7: Mosquito net.
- #8: Camphor.
How do I permanently keep mosquitoes away?
How to Get Rid of Mosquitoes Outside
- Eliminate Sources of Standing Water.
- Try a broadcast treatment.
- Clear Debris From Gutters.
- Use Fans.
- Light Citronella Candles.
- Treat Ponds or Water Features.
How do I mosquito proof my backyard?
Here are some steps you can take to mosquito-proof your yard.
- Plant Mosquito-Repelling Flowers. The most common and popular mosquito-repelling garden plant is the marigold.
- Eliminate Standing Water.
- Invite Bats Into Your Yard.
- Keep Your Gutters Clean.
- Treat Wet Areas.
- Spray & Trap.
- Use Repellent Devices.
What do all mosquitoes hate?
Mosquitoes hate the smell of lavender, citronella, clove, peppermint, basil, cedarwood, eucalyptus, peppermint, lemongrass and rosemary. They also hate smells such as smoke, for further insight, see our exploration on, does smoke keep mosquitoes away?
How do you make homemade mosquito killer?
You’ll need half a cup of distilled water, half a cup of witch hazel, rubbing alcohol, or vinegar, and 30 to 40 drops of essential oil of your choice. (Rubbing alcohol may be irritating if sprayed on the skin, and witch hazel is the gentlest option for sprays.) 2.
What can naturally stop mosquitoes from biting?
Here are 7 natural ways to prevent mosquito bites:
- Lemon Eucalyptus. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has classified lemon eucalyptus, an EPA registered repellent, as an active ingredient in mosquito repellent.
- Catnip Oil.
- Peppermint Oil.
- Lemongrass Oil.
- Use a Fan.
- Eliminate Standing Water.